Wednesday, March 17, 2010

i won't call your name out my window,

I know you're leaving.

and maybe you didn't want to.

but that doesn't change anything now.

I didn't want you to.

but that doesn't mean you didn't.

i can't change anything you've been,

all i can do is hope to shape the old man you're becoming.

I will visit you, I will share my growth, I will empty the secrets that keep me sick.

I know you can bury them with you.

Please don't forget that I love you,

while you're off in space for the next five years.

Words can't express this. This is not even a valid excuse for what I feel like.

Maybe another night, when my heart can meet my mind,

but until then, I'll be talking about you with the ghost of your father.

And I'll forever wonder why you left your only daughter in this crumbling city.

I'm glad you can't see me cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment